Weird slicing issue

rwalker43

Posted · Weird slicing issue

I'm using Cura 4.11.  I created a model in Fusion 360, which is a platform with text horizontally on the top.  When I slice the model in Cura and look at the layer view, the model has a total of 43 layers.  The text begins printing at layer 30, however, Cura starts part of the text at layer 27!!  When viewed in the slicer, this appears as two little dots.  When the model is printed of my Ender 3 Pro, the surface of the print has irregular lines between the edge of the print and those dots.  The text I am printing begins with an uppercase M.  Those two dots line up with the top of the verticals of the letter.  Any suggestions?  I have printed this model using Prus Slicer, but not had this issue.  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Layer 27.jpg

Layer 43.jpg

Print.jpg

Posted (edited) · Weird slicing issue

In the "Top/Bottom" settings - set the "Skin Removal Width" to 0.1.

Cura is removing the "skin" from under the letters where the letters are wide enough that the "skin removal width" would apply.  If you look close you'll see that the "M" in particular has wider parts at it's points.

For a comparison - set the "Skin Removal Width to 2.0 and see what happens.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1

Posted (edited) · Weird slicing issue

Experience with such things.  These on my single extruder printer.  The windows and curtains on the trailer/sleigh were glued on.

DSCN2660.thumb.JPG.57738c6fb225aa37d74ae68aabf618a4.JPG

Edited by GregValiant

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies