Screw threads not working

Princy557

Posted · Screw threads not working

Hi another newbie question.

I have now printed the double sided filament holder where the two sided screw together on either side of the existing vertical. Then a small two part filament clip.

Now both of these have a problem working the screwthreads together.

The larger, allowed me to get some diamond files in the groves and sanpaper to reduce the size to a better fit. The clip mean while is quite tiny and no way can I work on it with micro files.

Q1 Is there something wrong with the calibration of my Ender 3 Pro?

Q2 How do I make or change the threads to work? I no longer have access to tap & die stuff.

Regards

It's likely to be calibration of the printer, likely can be fixed by making small edits to the flow rate of filament, try printing a 20mm cube and see how big it is on all sides.

If you can not dail it in so they work, if the model is your own you can adjust in the model.

Carla you type faster...

Horizontal expansion can be the answer.

When the nozzle goes around a hole it drags the filament in toward the center.  That makes a round hole smaller.  The smaller the diameter of the hole, the worse it gets.

You can set the Hole Horizontal Expansion to .1 or .2 (you will have to experiment) to make the hole larger.  When printing the male - you could set the Horizontal Expansion to -.1 or -.2 to make the male part smaller.  It will probably hate you for that.  Hole Horizontal Expansion only works on vertical holes and ANY vertical pocket is a hole.

You can also try setting the Z seam to "Random".  There will be bumps all around instead of in a line.  It might have some benefit though.

5 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

Carla you type faster...

Horizontal expansion can be the answer.

When the nozzle goes around a hole it drags the filament in toward the center.  That makes a round hole smaller.  The smaller the diameter of the hole, the worse it gets.

You can set the Hole Horizontal Expansion to .1 or .2 (you will have to experiment) to make the hole larger.  When printing the male - you could set the Horizontal Expansion to -.1 or -.2 to make the male part smaller.  It will probably hate you for that.  Hole Horizontal Expansion only works on vertical holes and ANY vertical pocket is a hole.

You can also try setting the Z seam to "Random".  There will be bumps all around instead of in a line.  It might have some benefit though.

Well i typed less, so i'll let you off 😛

Thank you both, I will try making some adjustments later if I can work them out.

I'm knocking on a bit and sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in.

Be kind to old blokes week ha ha...

Regards