Hello!

donny-m.-carter

then you made the right decision !! :-)

I know a lot of people who bought a replicator and then later tested the ultimaker2... homer simpson moment DOHHHHH

Ian :-)

Welcome to the community Donny!

Great to have you with us and I am curious to find out what you will be making.

I have several small things in mind for sure. I do an animated Christmas display and being able to print specialized enclosure brackets and pieces on the spot will be very nice. Thanks for the welcome!

How do you mean an animated christmas display?

Do you have an example?

How do you mean an animated christmas display?

Do you have an example?

Please take a look at some of my CG-1500 enclouser. I set a budget each year for my display and the things I need to make it happen. I have some big plans for 2014, but the Ultimaker2 wasn't in those plans! Now to revamp the budget! Thanks for looking!

Donny

Wow, I love those videos. It'll be interesting to see how the printer fits in for the next projects!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies