CURA not printing the first 0.2mm of my parts

NMGMarques

Posted · CURA not printing the first 0.2mm of my parts

I've noticed this before. The part sometimes doesn't print the first few tenths of a millimeter. In the sample below, the part is .3mm thick. The software recognizes that. The layer height and first layer height are set to 0.1. So I expect a 3 layer print. But right there, cura says it will only print 1 layer.

I need to increase the part thickness to at least 0.6 to get it to print the 3 layers.

What gives?

image.thumb.png.dc8b19d420760f8ce597216dbba8f20f.png

Posted · CURA not printing the first 0.2mm of my parts

This was a problem in 4.11 on single layer prints.  So far as I know it was fixed in the later versions.  I can't duplicate this in 4.12.1.  You are sure that the bottom of the model is at Z= 0?

You can try adjusting the layer height to .099 and see how it goes.

Posted (edited) · CURA not printing the first 0.2mm of my parts
    1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

This was a problem in 4.11 on single layer prints.  So far as I know it was fixed in the later versions.  I can't duplicate this in 4.12.1.  You are sure that the bottom of the model is at Z= 0?

You can try adjusting the layer height to .099 and see how it goes.

I'm on 4.13.0, so by all accounts shouldn't happen. Decreasing the height to 0.099 did bump the print up to two layers, but still not the expected 3.

image.thumb.png.7f431bf5c63c1a4a2fc0bab8f562219a.png

And yes, it is at zero:

image.png.95ad8e68b515a8c45759a95562b1aa79.png

And here you can also see the part is placed on the surface. Nothing below the surface plate line.

image.thumb.png.74d7afee2364b4efc2655904c5ebe162.png

Edited by NMGMarques