What causes Cura to ignore interior details depending on part orientation?

Aston01

Posted · What causes Cura to ignore interior details depending on part orientation?

I am using 4.13.1 and having a weird issue where the slicer ignores the interior details of a model almost like they aren't there whenever I have the model oriented to the bed with its face down.

r/3Dprinting - What causes Cura to ignore interior details depending on part orientation?

If I stand the model up on its end all the sudden the details become visible and get sliced.

r/3Dprinting - What causes Cura to ignore interior details depending on part orientation?

Is there some setting I accidentally clicked that causes this?

Posted · What causes Cura to ignore interior details depending on part orientation?

The model looks manifold indeed. That's why I said "in most cases", not "in all cases".

If you save the model from Cura with File -> Save project... it also saves all your settings and I can have a look at those. Some settings can also cause this.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Some settings can also cause this.

If i would make a guess...:

"Mesh Fixes" -> "Remove All Holes"

...would have exactly this effect (in combination with zero percent infill).

Though... I can't imagine why anyone would enable this without a good reason?

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, tinkergnome said:

If i would make a guess...:

"Mesh Fixes" -> "Remove All Holes"

...would have exactly this effect (in combination with zero percent infill).

Though... I can't imagine why anyone would enable this without a good reason?

And you sir would be right on the money. How that setting ever even got turned on I have no earthly idea, it wasn't even a visible setting when I went to double check after your comment.

I appreciate both of your help sorting out the issue.

image.thumb.png.0be6ca7970c02d3faf3217beab75fe47.png

• Like 1