Ultimaker Nylon Getting Stuck at End of Print

dcschooley

Posted · Ultimaker Nylon Getting Stuck at End of Print

I have a problem with Ultimaker Nylon on my S5 w/Material Station where the printer complains about the material getting stuck in the nozzle at the end of the print. The prints are fine. The problem occurs during cool-down when the printer tries to retract the material from the nozzle. The nylon is definitely getting stuck because the gears grind out a chunk of filament. I think it is a temperature issue because when I go through the requested process, the nylon comes out of the nozzle just fine, even though I don't remove the Bowden tubes or anything; I just confirm I've done everything as asked even though I didn't actually do anything. I have had this happen a time or two in the past with other materials, but it is consistent with the nylon. I am going to increase the standby temperature just in case that helps. 

• 7 months later...
    Posted · Ultimaker Nylon Getting Stuck at End of Print

I have the same issue with NylonX, I was wondering what setting to change in order to tell the printer to heat up the print head before trying to unload the filament. Because currently the base Generic CFF PA profile is not doing that properly which causes the filament to not unload properly. This becomes a real issue when doing large 4-6 day prints that use 2-3 spools of filament, the material station can not unload and reload properly so the print has to pause until you manually run the wizard to unload the filament.

• 4 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Nylon Getting Stuck at End of Print

Increase the standby temperature. The problem is that the filament cools down to much. Increasing the standby temperature eliminates the problem. 

Edited by dcschooley