Inner walls removal area

Posted (edited) · Inner walls removal area

Hi, I did my homework to the best of my knowledge and searched everywhere before posting to ask for help,

I have this part that has a very narrow area on top with a thin wall. From that layer height and after, I don't want cura to add inner lines, I just want the outer ones.

The reason is adding these inner walls is making my TPU part very rigid there, and I want it to be soft (even if that means it's empty inside)

I know I can play with the wall thickness, but that will change it for the whole model,

I was wondering if there is an option or a way around it similar to "minimum infill area" a defined area that smaller than this area cura won't add inner lines.

Thanks in Advance !

walls.png

Edited by Juicy-shawarma

Posted (edited) · Inner walls removal area

Did you try putting a support blocker there?  You can use the Per Mesh settings / Modify Settings for Overlaps.  The blocker can sized and located like any model and can be set to Infill Mesh or Cutting Mesh.  I think if you leave it as an Infill Mesh and select "Infill Density" as a modifier and make the density 0 you may get what you want (the standard overlap setting have Wall Count = 0).  Look close at the preview as there can be unexpected results.

Experimenting is good.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1