Installing custom firewall?

aduenow

Posted · Installing custom firewall?

Hi Community,

I am trying to get the Ultimaker S5 connected to the network at my work but we have some pretty strict network protocols and a serious firewall. I was wondering if it is possible to install my companies custom firewall on to the Ultimaker so that IT will allow it on to the network and I can use it's full capabilities.

Cheers,

Adam

Posted · Installing custom firewall?

Uh. Theoretically, yes. If you run the machine in dev-mode, you can just ssh into the machine. The base OS running on the printer is debian, so as long as the firewall runs that you could do it.

But maybe it's a good idea to get into contact with one of our application engineers about this. This is not the first time that they have had to deal with strict company IT policies, so they will be better able to suggest possible solutions.