Ultimaker 3

walkerj

Hi Forum

I have had to reload the PVA in our Ultimaker 3 BB04 nozzle. it has loaded ok but it not coming out of the nozzle like it normally does. I have repeated this twice and also gone into the maintenance file and used the  clean the nozzle as well. This has not worked either. I tried reloading material after removing it again and now we have a clicking sound coming from the feeder at the back, which I will look at. I feel that the nozzle is blocked but cant see how. 

We had a print on last night as well and we found in the morning that the PVA had snapped at the back. so the PLA carried on printing with no PVA support. 

Any Ideas please  

Posted · Ultimaker 3
    4 hours ago, walkerj said:

Hi Forum

I have had to reload the PVA in our Ultimaker 3 BB04 nozzle. it has loaded ok but it not coming out of the nozzle like it normally does. I have repeated this twice and also gone into the maintenance file and used the  clean the nozzle as well. This has not worked either. I tried reloading material after removing it again and now we have a clicking sound coming from the feeder at the back, which I will look at. I feel that the nozzle is blocked but cant see how. 

We had a print on last night as well and we found in the morning that the PVA had snapped at the back. so the PLA carried on printing with no PVA support. 

Any Ideas please  

how do you un block a BB0.4 nozzle as I think this is block as nothing is coming through and in the feeder box is making a clicking sound as its back feeding. ????????

My guess would be that the tension is too tight on the material in the feeder, causing it to catch on the material and/or grind it down so it can't extrude or it snaps. See if you can loosen the tension spring. That might be what the clicking sound is.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 3

Are you using Ultimaker cleaning filament when you do the core cleaning? If not i would give them a try and do a few cold pulls.

Failing that if its a good blockage, you might need to get a 0.4 nozzle needle and when the print core is up to temp, carefully push it up the nozzle from the point of the nozzle to hopefully break the blockage free (you feel you be able to push the needle all the way up into the core) and then do a few cold pulls.

Edited by Carla_Birch