Pause at height

bonemaster

Posted (edited) · Pause at height

Using cura  4.13.  Pause at height is not working. Chose the height/ layer number at which to pause; printer doesn’t pause and just continues to print like no code there. Have tried realizing several times, get same results. 

Edited by bonemaster
Typo

Creality took M0 (stop command) and M600 (filament change) out of their firmware (along with some other popular commands).  Neither command will work with the 4.2.X boards.  If you use Pause at Height you can try the "BQ (M25)" as a pause command.  That does work on some Creality machines.

If you have Z-Hops enabled or Adaptive Layers enabled in Cura then you have to use the "by layer" option in Pause at Height.  The variable Z heights in the file will confuse Pause at Height, but a layer is a layer.

Edited by GregValiant

I've got a silent 4.2.7 board sitting here that I refuse to install because it is missing those commands.  When I get around to learning to put my own firmware together I'll install the board.  I just started an 11hr print that has 4 pauses, 2 nuts, and one 4mm x 225mm support rod to install.  I'd really miss M0.

If M25 doesn't work there is one more thing you can do.

In the Pause at Height dialog, down at the bottom, is "gcode after pause".  The G4 command is a "timed" pause command and the length of the pause is the S parameter.  If you were to enter "G4 S300" into the Gcode after pause box, then when the printer reads the file, it will blow through the M0 command, pause for 5 minutes at the G4 command, and then restart by itself at the end of 5 minutes.  The restart will run into the M109 "wait for temperature" command so there might be an additional 10 second wait.

The downside of G4 is that it does Auto-Restart so you have to pretty much be right there when the pause happens.  There is no way to get out of the pause either.  If you were to enter 3600 seconds then you'd be waiting an hour for the thing to get going again.

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · Pause at height

The M25 worked, sorta. It pauses and parks where I told it too, however it doesn’t resume. The only way it will start printing is if I click pause print on printer menu and then click resume. Any advice?

Posted · Pause at height

There was just another post here that said using M0 with the S parameter worked.  Something like "M0 S300".  That would give you 5 minutes to change the filament, insert nuts, whatever.  "S" is in seconds.  If you manage to get the filament changed in 1 minute then clicking on the LCD knob is alleged to resume immediately (instead of waiting for the timer to run out as when using G4).

I think Cura is always going to add M0 without the S parameter.  You would need to manually change it in the gcode, use Search and Replace AFTER the pause at height command, or maybe enter "M0 Sssss" into the "Gcode after pause" box.