modified start and end extrusion amount

totallynotarobot

Posted · modified start and end extrusion amount

first of all, I am printing big solid parts with walls and top bottom thickness increased to eliminate all infill. wall line count is 9 and top bottom is a number large enough to eliminate all infill. I have a print that has perfect extrusion or maybe a little bit of under extrusion when doing the top bottom sections that run through the part from top to bottom with no infill. the area around the drill holes with 9 walls is over extruding exactly where the path starts and ends. I have turned on coasting using the default volume and zero minimum distance before coasting. that helped with some parts of the print but it did not help with the circle walls over extruding. it happens where the path moves to smaller concentric circles. I think it is caused by oozing. dropping my temps helped a little bit. coasting helped. but I still have over extruding or oozing. turning the part cooling fans off made it much worse. I can't tune this out with retraction and prime amount because not every extrusion move uses retraction. Is there a way to remove volume from the start of every extrusion similar to coasting? or can I have cura retract for every extrusion then tune with negative prime amount? can I have modified extrusion flow for problem areas?

Printer is an ender 3 pro. capricorn bowden tube, slice CE heatbrake on the creality heatsink, microswiss copper block and nickel plated brass 0.4mm nozzle. extrusion width is 0.48mm and layer height is 0.2mm. retraction stock settings 4mm @ 40mm/s extra prime 0. coasting on, minimum distance before coasting 0. fan off. 210C nozzle 50C bed.