Digital factory button does nothing UM s5

SBeumer

Posted · Digital factory button does nothing UM s5

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was printing things over the digital factory, and today the connection to the digital factory was suddenly lost. 

I've tried to click the connect button, which, even after a reset, wouldn't even give me a code to connect with. 

In the logs I could find the following : connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet valid (_ssl.c:1056)'))': /api/2435483/store/ 

I've added the logs of the printer, if someone could help us that would be great ! 🙂

Kind regards,

Steven 

Logs_UMS5.zip

So there were some SSL certificates that ran out "recently".  Back in September 2021.  You might need the latest firmware for your S5.  The latest firmware has newer SSL certificates.

This is related to the "let's encrypt" fiasco that happened last September.  Which was in the news big time as it affected a lot of devices.

So it might be related to that but I'm not sure why it would take so long for you to see the issue.  Anyway: do you have the latest firmware?

I indeed have the latest firmware 7.0.2. The strange thing is though that even after installing it, the printer still suggests that I could upgrade to 7.0.2 and it will still keep saying that. At the moment we can access the printer by ip address, which luckily  negates a large part of the problem. 

I don't know the answer but I'd do the following:

Put it into developer mode if it isn't still in that mode.

Once in dev mode it always displays the IP address at the top of the screen.

Is it still at that IP address you set with conman?

Okay then I'd ssh into the machine and try to ping your way to the internet to make sure it isn't being blocked.  Or use wget.  I'm 90% sure it only uses http (or maybe https) protocols so I'd make sure port 80 and 443 are not blocked within your location.

So for example you can do:

wget google.com

And it should grab index.html

And then try

wget ultimaker.com

And

wget https://ultimaker.com

In all cases it should retrieve an index.html (or index.html.N) file.

If any of those things don't work it should give you clues.  You can try to ping internal servers, ping 8.8.8.8, test DNS functionality and so on.

Thank you very much for the nice way forward! I'll try to perform the steps suggested when i have access to the printer againt ! It could very well be that  the university network, which the printer is connected to, suddenly decided to be difficult. I did a full reset of both the printer and the digital factory, which did not make a difference.