Update standard profiles

PSVienna

Posted · Update standard profiles

Hello together,

Does somebody know a way to Update die standard profiles in cura in the aplication ?
Only way to do this i see is to copy the original printer config .json file write it in there and import the new printer ... it works but its not very user friendly ...

Why because many will change something on there printers or have their own preferences what will make the standard profiles complete unusable !

I my case i changed from bowden extruder to direct drive so the settings for retraction in the standard profiles cant be used anymore so everytime i have to choose a other profile and have the standard profiles as trash profiles in the application.

I solved it as i said with write the changes  in a copyed printer profile .json and add the new printer now i have the changed retraction settings and so on in the standard profiles and they work again. But in my opinion its not very user friendly.

I could be relative simple for everyone to improve their standard profiles if the option "Update Profile with the current settings" would also be enabeld in this Profiles.
Because i think everyone has their own standard needs or preferences for a standard profile and not only this what the application mean that should or in this case must be their standard ...

Thank you
Patrick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies