Changing Color Scheme to Feedrate? Only shows Line Type.

rileyknox

Posted · Changing Color Scheme to Feedrate? Only shows Line Type.

So it turns out Cura can show Feedrate in Preview mode.  I have been using Cura for years now and this is news to me seeing as I have only ever seen "line type" as the only choice under color scheme.  How do I get the drop down box for the different types?  

164695352_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.643fc0737c6699bfb25fb21bb8655a1c.png

It only works if you're not running in compatibility mode. You are. This can either be because you enabled that in preferences or because your GPU doesn't support the extra features that we need.

An off-topic tip, as a reaction to your screenshot:

It looks like you have the option "Origin at center" checked in the machine settings, but you don't have a delta-style printer. It is fairly unlikely that your firmware actually has its origin at the center of the buildplate. So unless you are getting prints in the location where you expect them with your current configuration, you may want to uncheck the option "Origin at center" in the Machine Settings (on the Printers pane of the preferences).

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 8:21 AM, nallath said:

It only works if you're not running in compatibility mode. You are. This can either be because you enabled that in preferences or because your GPU doesn't support the extra features that we need.

I actually don't have compatibility mode selected which means it must be the GPU.   Had not considered that but makes sense because it is an older machine.    Thanks!

On 2/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, ahoeben said:

An off-topic tip, as a reaction to your screenshot:

It looks like you have the option "Origin at center" checked in the machine settings, but you don't have a delta-style printer. It is fairly unlikely that your firmware actually has its origin at the center of the buildplate. So unless you are getting prints in the location where you expect them with your current configuration, you may want to uncheck the option "Origin at center" in the Machine Settings (on the Printers pane of the preferences).

So this is a custom prototype machine with no limit switches or homing function so I manually position the nozzle then zero.   Makes it easy to not have to worry about offsets so just have the part centered on the origin so I know it prints right where I have the nozzle zeroed 

8 hours ago, rileyknox said:

So this is a custom prototype machine with no limit switches or homing function so I manually position the nozzle then zero.

Cool. Cases like yours are the reason why the option "Origin at center" is not automatically coupled to the elliptical buildplate option.

I have the exact same issue of drop down menu not showing on some machines , and showing on others. You mention "compatibility mode" how and where is that to be set in "preferences"? Thanks

Just now, obouill said:

I have the exact same issue of drop down menu not showing on some machines , and showing on others. You mention "compatibility mode" how and where is that to be set in "preferences"? Thanks .  Furthermore, the "starts" do not show on the machines where the drop down menu of color scheme is not available.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:21 PM, nallath said:

you enabled that in preferences

how?

@obouill: Check if the option "Force layer view compatibility mode (restart required)" on the General page of the Cura preferences is ticked. If it is, untick it and restart Cura. If you still do not see the dropdown menu on some machines, then those machines don't support OpenGL 4.1 or newer. In that case, you are likely out of luck; your would need a hardware upgrade.