Ultimaker Cura saying Data Sent, but printer not responding

Thatguy5544

Posted · Ultimaker Cura saying Data Sent, but printer not responding

Hello,

I recently stumbled upon a problem with my Ultimaker 3 (ext) which is that the printer would not allow anyone to print over the network (using Cura), but works completely fine when using a USB and having it print that way. I
When slicing and clicking "Print over network" Cura successfully loads the data and sends it to the printer, but the printer does not seem to respond in any way... I also do not get any error message.

worth noting:

1. I've tried on several computers

2. I've updated the firmware on the printer and the cura software on the computers

3. The printer is assigned a static IP which was done through ssh connecting to the printer and using connman to configure the IP.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

9 hours ago, Thatguy5544 said:

Cura successfully loads the data and sends it to the printer, but the printer does not seem to respond in any way... I also do not get any error message.

The log file(s) will probably reveal more details. If the printer refuses a print job the reason can be found in the log (usually).

I think there's a link on the printers "homepage" that shows some logging information.

Or save the log files to USB stick like explained on the support page:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015583819-Save-log-files-to-USB

On 2/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, tinkergnome said:

The log file(s) will probably reveal more details. If the printer refuses a print job the reason can be found in the log (usually).

I think there's a link on the printers "homepage" that shows some logging information.

Or save the log files to USB stick like explained on the support page:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015583819-Save-log-files-to-USB

Unfortunately the logs do not tell me anything... I tried restarting the printer, print the log, send a print job and then print the logs again (to compare the after and before), but the log file seems to conveniently skip the part where I print, indicated by the timestamps (it jumps from 71 to 94) where 71 being the first time I inserted the USB to dump logs and 94 being the second time I inserted the USB to dump logs. Any idea why this is? Maybe the printer just does not receive any data from the print job, even though it is indicated otherwise on the Cura application (saying that data has been successfully sent).