Sliced gcode NOT saving correctly

Posted · Sliced gcode NOT saving correctly

hey my first post here, ive been printing for a while. load a file in to cura, slice it, and save it to an sd card no problem!

now my issue is that when i slice a file and save it to my sd or even a drive on my pc, it saves it as the download on the internet and not as a work mesh/gcode for my printer

i have not changed anything other than downloading 4.13.1but it did the same on 4.12.1.

any one please help i just want to print

4 hours ago, Tkinnmeoewkitty said:

it saves it as the download on the internet and not as a work mesh/gcode for my printer

You are going to have to clarify what you mean by "it saves it as the download on the internet". I have no idea what you mean by that.

• Like 1

this is how the file saves on my sd card. when i open it, it directs me to my previously downloaded items of the internet. and my printers won't read the file when it has the explorer icon next to it. it always had a little Cura icon next to the file. I'm not sure how i messed it up i just need help to fix. picture has the file circled. and i have uninstalled cura and reinstalled, I've also have formatted my sd card again and again and still the same thing. 

even when i put an sd card well knowing it had proper gcode on the card that my printer got down with, as soon as I put it in my pc it converted the files to this explorer icon

Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg

That is just how you have (inadvertently?) configured your Windows installation. In windows, file types are discerned by the extension of the filename. This extension is typically hidden by Windows, but it is part of the filename.

Cura has no control over what filetype Windows has configured for a file with a certain extension. Fortunately, it does not affect how the gcode file is printed; your printer does not care about what type of file Windows thinks a .gcode file is.

Here's an article about changing the file association in Windows 10:

https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_10_change_file_associations