Cura print area 1:1 alignment?

Posted · Cura print area 1:1 alignment?

Is is possible to align the print area defined in cura to a 1:1 with the physical print surface? I ask because in my situation the print area is off (all be it just a little but enough).. For example, the bed measures physically 234x234 and lets assume the lower left corner is defined as x=0 y=0, and I place an object like a cube at x0, y0 and print (no brim/skirt or raft) the cube will be placed on the physical bed around 4.5mm in from x and off the bed 1 mm on y? so not exactly on the corner? Is there a place/setting in cura to fine tune the actual location of the prints?

Posted · Cura print area 1:1 alignment?

You could add this to the end of your start gcode:

G0 X0 Y0    ;go to where the printer thinks home is
    G92 Z4.5 Y1 ;tell the printer it is actually at X 4.5 and Y 1
    G0 X0 Y0    ;go to where the printer thinks home is now