[SOLVED] Losing detail after slicing

Posted (edited) · [SOLVED] Losing detail after slicing

Hello, I am trying to print a model I found on Sketchfab, which I posed and fixed up to be able to print.
I have ironed out almost every problem, except for this last one.

forum1.thumb.png.d98d37f2b2c199b49a787de6a5fd38be.png

At this part of the model, is a very sharp edge. (Blender screenshot) This edge was marked as sharp in blender, but I unmarked it, hoping to fix the issue.

Forum2.thumb.png.ddd1902f45c82b3171cf6ff03c672984.png

After importing into Cura the model looks fine. (I don't think the non-manifold part has anything to do with this issue)

Forum3.thumb.png.47d436edcbfe12fd02abfc39c7ac6621.png 

But after slicing, almost the whole edge disappears. I have no idea why it would do this.

This is the last problem I have to iron out before I can print, so any help would be appreciated.

The project file is attached.

Michiru.3mf

Edited by Hoespilaar
solved

Posted · [SOLVED] Losing detail after slicing
    1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

It is nearly infinitely thin there.  This image is with a .15 nozzle at .1 line width.  They still don't connect.  You need to add some thickness there.

image.thumb.png.debf4d0eb466cda542d5613d138f73aa.png

Ah I see, I'll see what I can do.

Thank you!

• Hoespilaar changed the title to [SOLVED] Losing detail after slicing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies