Material Stuck when print finished

CAD_Guy

Posted · Material Stuck when print finished

We purchased some new material (Luvocom® 3F PAHT KK 50056 BK FR Filament) which prints at around 250-270 degrees.

I finished my first print but there’s an issue when the printer goes through its finishing procedure. When it goes to clear out excess material it’s already cooled down below 200, which means it can’t retract the material and gets stuck in the nozzle and I have to go through the wizard and remove it.

I can’t see any options in the settings to change this, does anyone know what I can do? This would mean every time we use this material I’ll have to clear it out after to remove it. I’ve just completed a 2nd print and had the same issue again.

Thanks.

Posted · Material Stuck when print finished

Can you describe what happens exactly? Does the machine give an error?

Which printer do you use? Is the material profile of the Luvocom material present on this printer?

It is a normal part of the finishing procedure that the printer retracts the material, cools down to a certain temperature, and then retracts the material more so that it breaks and forms a nice tip at the end of the filament.

Some materials cool down to below 100degC, which takes a while.