Automatic leveling stopped working after failed print UMS3

Posted · Automatic leveling stopped working after failed print UMS3

So we had an accident with an overnight print wich rendered the printhead inc. cores destroyed.

After installing new parts everything seemed to work fine (loading, exrusion) until we fired up the first testprint.

the printer starts heating etc. as normal but stops about 10 seconds into the initial automatic bed leveling.

leveling manually still works and looks to be fine but the prints still get stopped by the automatic leveling.

we are kind of desperate here because we do not know if it is a software or harware problem and so far extenseive research

did not help us solving the problem. ( we already restet the printer, installed a new cable and as mentioned levelled manually)

I hope someone here may have an idea of how to troubleshoot and/or solve the problem. 

and please let me know if you need further information about anything that could narrow down the causes!

Thanks to anyone trying to help and have a great day   

Which parts did you replace in your printhead? Or the complete assembly in a whole? 
    I had the auto-leveling problem only once really broken, that was when the wires that go from the back of the printhead to the PCB in the bottom of the hatch (a red/white twisted wire) broke. After replacing it everything was fine. Probably it got damaged during your accident.

@glx thanks for replying.

at first I only replaced the whole printhead unit but kept the old cable. after reading online that the cable could be the problem I  replaced that aswell with high hopes since it seemed to be the problem for a lot of people but it was still the same sa before.

Maybe the new cable was delivered already defected but i would assume the problem is somewhere else.