Ender 3 Pro - X-layer shift every print

logosway

Posted · Ender 3 Pro - X-layer shift every print

I have been experiencing layer shift on every print. Belts are tight. Checked all the nuts. Adjusted all the eccentric nut, there is no exact movement on the nuts. I don't know what did I do wrong here.. Attached the print photo, gcode, and 3mf. Hope someone can help. 

Print.png

Player Case Cover v3_fixed.3mf Player Case Cover v3_fixed.gcode

I'm not convinced that is a layer shift.

Zooming into the image - there appears to be walls between the areas of skin.  It looks like (in that image) that the model is made that way.

But opening the 3mf file and the gcode I don't see that offset/shift looking area in either of them.

Here is a zoom view.  Those look like "wall" features to me.  The skin on both sides clearly stop at that dividing line.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  The model is a basic rectangle with a slot and some lettering.

Your speed, accel, and jerk settings are quite normal and I wouldn't expect a layer shift provided the belts are tight (and that they aren't upside down - been known to happen!)

Untitled.thumb.png.e446fb06d1bfe04f2a566780569c5672.png

6 hours ago, GregValiant said:

I'm not convinced that is a layer shift.

Zooming into the image - there appears to be walls between the areas of skin.  It looks like (in that image) that the model is made that way.

But opening the 3mf file and the gcode I don't see that offset/shift looking area in either of them.

Here is a zoom view.  Those look like "wall" features to me.  The skin on both sides clearly stop at that dividing line.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  The model is a basic rectangle with a slot and some lettering.

Your speed, accel, and jerk settings are quite normal and I wouldn't expect a layer shift provided the belts are tight (and that they aren't upside down - been known to happen!)

Untitled.thumb.png.e446fb06d1bfe04f2a566780569c5672.png

Sorry for the confusion. There are 2 prints in the photo that I put side by side (top and bottom). I am trying to show the side slop of the print where the layer shifts occur. 

Ah.  The little step.

Well it doesn't appear to be a whole belt-tooth off so I think if the belts are properly mounted (I've seen them installed upside-down) they can be eliminated as a cause.  Your Print Speed, Accel, and Jerk settings are not overly aggressive.  Make sure that the brass ferrules that secure the belt ends are tight against the brackets where the belt passes through the slot.  If there is a gap between the ferrule and the slot (the belt fits into) then stopping and starting can cause the belt to pull out that slop and loosen the belt.  Eventually that condition fixes itself as the ferrule works it's way up against the bracket.

You should be able to just turn any trolley wheel with your fingers.  There should be friction with the wheel slot, but the wheels should not be "locked down" tight.

The hot end has to be tight to it's mount and needs to be perpendicular to the build plate.

When you put one finger under the right end of the X beam and gently try to move it up - there shouldn't be any movement.  

When you grab the print head and try to rotate it in any direction there should be no wobble or movement.