PLA printing problem on Ender 3

Posted · PLA printing problem on Ender 3

I'm trying to work out how to set the settings on the ender 3 pro to the settings for PLA as per the cura suggested settings but I can't work out how to either access the ender settings as the control panel has only limited options or find a settings file that I can download and just load off the memory card. please if someone has any ideas please let me know. Many thanks Clive

Posted · PLA printing problem on Ender 3

when cura slices your STL into a gcode file it also inserts gcodes that set the temperature for printing.  You don't need to set the temperature on the printer itself.  You can set the temp on the printer as well but the printer will move to whatever temp you send it most recently.  So if you set the temp to 180C and then the gcode sets it to 200C it will head towards 200C if you then set the temp to 180C it will obediently go to 180C again and then if there is a later gcode to set it to say 205C then the printer will execute that command next.

Typically in the gcode file, the temp is only set twice and only before it starts printing.  So you can usually change the temp again once it starts printing if you want.

Perhaps you are talking about some kind of PREHEAT feature.  Those temps are usually lower than actual printing temp as you don't want to cook the PLA for hours at printing temp (in case you never get around to starting the print).