Help !!! Bowden tubes keeps popping off in the middle of my prints

Posted (edited) · Help !!! Bowden tubes keeps popping off in the middle of my prints

To bowden tubes of my S3 and two 2+connects keep popping off mid print. I already replaced both the collars and the tube with official ultimaker replacement parts and i am getting desperate! please help!

Edited by johannessssss

Posted · Help !!! Bowden tubes keeps popping off in the middle of my prints

You mention the tube and collars, but is the clip that should pull the collar up a bit in place?

th?id=OIP.YL4noMjs24yA3LU0K1vd6QHaHO%26p

(the blue parts in the image above; they are normally white on an S3)

Posted · Help !!! Bowden tubes keeps popping off in the middle of my prints

That clips seems excessively thick to me? But if it works...

I would rather think the white colar would be the problem, the metal inserts not clamping enough?

But if you expect the horseshoe-clips to be the problem, you could also try my old design. Although its bottom plate has about the standard thickness. If you want it to be thicker, maybe rescale only in the Z-scale? Or edit the design and make the bottom plate thicker. This clip is way easier to mount and remove than standard clips. I remove it every few days to change filament colors and to clean the nozzle with my more gentle "atomic pulls".

Print it slow and in thin layers. Print cool to prevent decomposing from sitting too long in the nozzle, and print multiple models at the same time, to prevent overheating and sagging of the model. I would go for 0.06mm layer-heigt, 20mm/s, and 190°C for PLA or 210 for PET (shown below in red), but your materials may vary from mine.

image.jpeg.25b9cf6a6ddf0233a5b0a77b640ccab1.jpeg

image.jpeg.c289c0b35e451b14bec217cd03c6222a.jpeg

See my personal page for the CAD-files: https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

If you like any of these, download them to your own computer. It is not sure that I can keep them up here.