Change top surface direction

Patri0t

Posted (edited) · Change top surface direction

Hello Ultimaker community,

I am experimenting with increasing, improving and optimizing 3d prints strength and finish. What I was wondering if there was a way to set the top layer to a deposition pattern different from the underlying layers; similar to the way you can set the bottom layer initial pattern separate from subsequent layers? Specifically referencing something like "line" to "concentric", vice versa or different combinations (with "line/zigzag", "zigzag/concentric", etc.)

I know changing layer line direction/angles is possible per alternating layers, but going from line to concentric at the top layers (or in any) isn't available that I could find.

If it isn't currently possible to change layer patterns per layer (other than the aforementioned way) I think I would be a easily implemented, and welcome, addition; that would add a increase to the structural strength of prints.

If this is already possible could someone please instruct me?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Patri0t

Hobbyist/Enthusiast !.5 yr 3d print exp

Ender 3 Pro (multiple performance and stability upgrades)

Cura 4.13.1

OnShape

Fusion360

TinkerCad

Pronterface

Edited by Patri0t
additional info

Posted · Change top surface direction

When you set the "Top Surface Skin Layers" to a non-zero number then the "Top Surface Skin Pattern" becomes available in the Experimental section.  The options are Lines, Zig-Zag and Concentric.