2 printing errors on new printer setup for PETG & LW-PLA printing

Posted (edited) · 2 printing errors on new printer setup for PETG & LW-PLA printing

Hi,

Last night I tried to print the base of a case to display my wings on the wall.

IMG_20220416_102020.thumb.jpg.78aee4d6c2bcdb6f39aa0cde7e98a0cc.jpg

Unfortunately there are two major printing errors present the part.

There is a line on the entire circumference at about 2mm high where the outside dimension is smaller than it should be:

IMG_20220416_102153.thumb.jpg.91023c4b8e652c91bdae2242edad39e7.jpg

There is also a hole at one end in the wall, the material was there but it was present like a blob and could be removed using my nail.

(It is located at the nearest point to the camera at the bottom of the part)

IMG_20220416_102134.thumb.jpg.689be3f791e5a469b142990f4d91b84a.jpg

The printer I used is a Creality Ender 3Pro.

PETG: 230 degrees hot-end temp, 70 degrees bed temp.

0.2mm layer height, 5 wall line count, 8 top- bottom layers, 10% infill, 50 mm/s speed 6mm retraction (this could be a thing, should have set that to 4mm), brim

The bottom where the badge lies on sits heigher than the "line" at the circumference.

What beside wrong retraction value could have caused this and why not over the entire height?

Thanks,

Leo

Edited by Mechatron127