Advice needed for Infill/Supprt

Posted · Advice needed for Infill/Supprt

I have an obkect which I need to printm the shape has holes for 40mm fans and

usb ports etc,, 

There are also 2.5mm holes on the inside of the shape whoch are needed for

brass standoffs.

I used cura tp generate supports, however when i print the shape, two of bottom 2.5mm

are filled due to support. I

Is there a way oof keeping the larger gaps filled with support and small holes without support?

ThanksShape

cura suppoer issue.JPG

Posted · Advice needed for Infill/Supprt

Support blockers can be scaled like any model.  Bring one in, size it and configure it however you want, and then multiply it.  The new ones will be sized and configured like the original.  Then it's a matter of placement.  They just need to cover the "overhang" that is usually colored red in the Prepare screen.  Note that after all other changes have been mad to a blocker then rotation is last.  Once a model has been rotated stretching and scaling are odd because the model origin stays square to the world instead of rotating with the model as it would in CAD.

Those lower two small holes near the bottom edge can be covered by a single blocker since it won't affect anything else.  The two top holes (fan mount holes?) will probably need individual blockers because a single wide blocker will probably block the support off the big hole.

I printed this today.  You can see that the blockers are different sizes.  None of them can interfere with the support that the roof will require or the top of the shallow round pocket on the right.

image.thumb.png.1931329e7aabe131a6362b4af58a2d3c.png