Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
mrc

Where to buy Netfabb?

In the beginning I was for buying Netfabb too, just to be guided and helped during the printing processes, but now I can really say that Cura is a great software and you don't really need anything else.

I suggest you to get practice with it using the layer visualization option and the automated tools for print supports.

Good luck,

Marco.

I think you can still buy it directly from Ultimaker if you contact the support desk. They stopped selling it in their store because Netfabb stopped supporting the product effectively. I wouldn't recommend it either, based in what I've heard, but I think you can still get it if you really want to.

ok thats what i thought. My problem is that i have to deal with complex Parts with a few thousand polygons, 20h+ printing time and massive overhangings. Cura is a nice slicing Software but sometimes there are lacks of support structure besides other small bugs wich aren´t a problem on small parts but can cause trouble on big parts.

would Netfabb be suitable for my needs?