Leveling Build Plate

Posted · Leveling Build Plate

We have an Ultimaker 2 that has been having some problems leveling. Specifically, when I go to turn the left and right screws, the plate does not move. The back part of the plate does move when I turn the dial, but for the front left and right sides, the plate does not move no matter which way I turn the screws (see linked video). Any advice on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16yY-sLPPOatmGpPZFffoTQn9U3FHLRSs/view?usp=sharing

Posted · Leveling Build Plate

It only moves a tiny bit so I can't really tell from the video.  It's possible that both ends of threads are spinning.  The top part isn't supposed to spin in place.

Anyway - when you do the leveling - hit continue 3 or 4 times - the first part wants you to get it about 1mm above - just skip that part.  Then you adjust the rear.  Then when it comes to the front two screws (the second time) you shouldn't have far to move.

If you are absolutely sure it doesn't move then just cut power and take the bed apart.  Or at least do the fist step: remove the glass plate and then spin that knob and make sure the other end isn't spinning.  If it is maybe try some glue or something to hold that end firmly in place.  But I suspect it is working fine.

So to explain again: When you turn that big nut in your video - the top of the screw (almost touching or actually touching the glass) should not spin.  If it spins then that's the problem.  Try a drop of glue up there just under the screw head - avoid glue on the threads though!  So use very thick glue that won't slide down the screw onto the threads!