mixing G-code help

Posted · mixing G-code help

so GR5 (im pretty sure it's you) you know how to do this.

i am printing an item where part of it would beneficial to have really high density infill, however the rest of it is very large and doesn't require such a high level of infil (we are talking the bottom 1/6 th needs around 60% and the top 5/6th's need barely 20%

are there any programs out there for this? or any tips for creating 2 Gcode prints and then finding a point and mixing them together?

also, i'm sure there is a thread somewhere, i just have no idea what it would be titled.

many thanks,

Posted · mixing G-code help

I think you should try kisslicer. It's free - it has a nice GUI - it's not too bad. Just make sure you set *ALL* the nozzle widths and line widths everywhere to .4mm. I'm pretty sure you can print the bottom 1/6 with more infill. I'm not certain. Oh - netfabb should be able to do that also.

In cura you could slice it twice - slice it each way, then simply cut and paste. The layer numbers are right there in the gcode comments - there's no reason you can't simply cut and paste - no other editing needed -

oh wait

you need to reset the extrusion in between where the files are sliced together with a G92 - see this:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#G92:_Set_Position

Something like G92 E853.17234

Which tells the UM that the extruder (e axis) is currently at position 853.17234.

- George