Possibility to print one object exceeding height limit in "One at a time" mode

Xaverix

Posted · Possibility to print one object exceeding height limit in "One at a time" mode

Hello.

I love Cura and I'm using it almost everyday. I'm often printing using the "One at a time" sequence. I feel that i get less stringing and if I'm printing large batch - if something fails it's one model and not the whole batch.

I was wondering if there's a way to print one object that exceeds the height limit in the "One at a time" mode. I think that it would be possible if the highest object is printed last.

Some prints have a lot of smaller parts and one big, the possibility to print it with this mode would be amazing.

Posted · Possibility to print one object exceeding height limit in "One at a time" mode
    17 hours ago, Xaverix said:

I think that it would be possible if the highest object is printed last.

I agree that it should be possible. Given enough development effort, lots of things are possible. However, my fairly informed guesstimate is that it is quite a bit of work to get this set up reliably, adding complexity to the code and the user experience, which may not weigh up against the potential benefit.

You can do this, with a bit of a workaround. If you manage to get the print sequence in the right order, you can go into the machine settings and edit the gantry height. Cura will then think the machine can safely print tall parts. It can be a bit risky though, especially if you forget to change the gantry back.

• 1 year later...

"One at a time" sequence is very useful especially for a lot of parts that need assembled afterwards. I found they are printed faster, with less artefacts. The thing is that would be very valuable to be able to set the order, and by arranging them properly - front to back on x axis - the annoying height limitation can be dispensed with, as the gantry is not interfering anymore.

You can do that yourself by increasing the Gantry Height in the Machine Settings.

Understand though, the Gantry Height limitation is there as a safety precaution.  Doing what you want to do is not always a viable alternative.

Without a method to set the order reliably, modifying the gantry height is a risky proposition.