Phantom imaging

ore1526

Posted · Phantom imaging

Upon selecting the slice icon and review I notice that part of my image appears as a phantom. I don't understand why it is only happening to these parts. 

Its not the height because on the engine, the fin is higher.  On the other image, the fins to the left disappear but not the ones to the right. Rotating the images or moving their positions doesn't seem to help either. I even tried thinner lines. Any ideas?

Phantom engine.png

Phantom fins.png

Posted · Phantom imaging

Try to slice it with Cura 5.0 beta. The areas look really thin, so depending on the rounding errors, it might get too thin.

In 5.0 we have changed large parts of the slicing allowing much better variable line widths.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies