Printcore longest lifetime

Gero

Posted · Printcore longest lifetime

Due to further maintenance of one of my printers and due to certain quality losses with another printcore, I checked all print times with my printcores. 
I found that a bb0.4 printcore has the longest operating time for me. (282 days, this is 6768 hours).
I think I will replace all my older printcores...

What kind of operating times do the printcores have for other users, I wonder? 

IMG_2470.JPEG

that is indeed a very long service life. 
    I would assume that the normal expected lifetime under good print quality is 1500-3000 hours?

I have an AA0.4 with 4200 hours and 4600 meters of filament and an AA0.8 with 1100 hours and 3500 meters.

Quite a while ago I had a look at the nozzles under a microscope and they weren't even close to being circular.
    Instead of replacing the whole cores I just replace nozzles, it's actually pretty easy (I have good experience with UM3 Brozzl nozzles).

This is a nice guide for print core disassembly: