First time 3D printer: Seeking support Creality Sermoon V1 Pro

Posted · First time 3D printer: Seeking support Creality Sermoon V1 Pro

Since a couple of weeks I own (thanks to Holiday money) a 3d printer. It's a Creality Sermoon v1 Pro. So far I used the sliver from Creality, but on some other forum they told me to get this one, as it would have support for more printers and generally would work better. So I downloaded it, but couldn't find a driver or settings for my printer. I can use the generic and change settings if that is a good way to do so.

Ps. This would also be my 'introduction' 😉

The Sermoon D1 definition is included with Cura 5.0.  You should be able to install the printer in Cura.

Once the printer is installed there should be a couple of profiles available (Draft, Standard, etc.).  You can change to the "Custom" menu and make all settings visible and customize to your hearts content.  Then go to "Manage Profiles" and save the settings under a new name.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "driver".  That's a WiFi printer?  If so then you should be able to find it on your network.  If not then print from the SD card until you understand how all the complicated stuff works.

A settings profile?  That is so model dependent that having more than a couple is useless as you are constantly tweaking them anyways to get it just right for the model.

What kind of things are you looking to print?  If it's large flat stuff they need to be printed one way.  Tall skinny things need to be printed another way.  If you are printing with PLA it's one group of settings.  Moving to PETG it's another.

I have three profiles.  PLA, PETG, TPU.  I installed separate Ender 3 Pro's for each material because I wanted different StartUp Gcodes dependent on the material.  I use the Settings Visibility option and set it to "ALL".  Once I've picked the printer and material it's:  Slice, look at the preview, make changes, slice, look at the preview, make changes.  Keep doing it until it looks good.

I suggest you start with models that don't need a lot of supports and are fairly regular.  They are the easiest to dial in.  Starting out with a complicated figurine / mini or a busy "building diorama" is tough and it's easy to get frustrated.  So keep it simple, keep your speeds under about 50 to start, and make a few good prints.  Then as you get to know the printer and what it likes and doesn't like you can start getting more aggressive with your settings.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:23 PM, EdwinKort said:

Since a couple of weeks I own (thanks to Holiday money) a 3d printer. It's a Creality Sermoon v1 Pro. So far I used the sliver from Creality, but on some other forum they told me to get this one, as it would have support for more printers and generally would work better. So I downloaded it, but couldn't find a driver or settings for my printer. I can use the generic and change settings if that is a good way to do so.

Ps. This would also be my 'introduction' 😉

I took Sermoon D1 and changed see pictures and change G-code to the one attached save then you can change the name from Sermoon D1 to V1 in the menu on the right three dashes. It works well.
    Hope it was of some help

image.thumb.png.1a217e377d511d8a218b454a9acb83fe.png

image.thumb.png.cb598e5975a2bf723f2234a56a6654a8.png

Strat G Code

————————

M220 S100 ;Reset Feedrate

M221 S100 ;Reset Flowrate

G28 ;Home

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position

G1 X10.1 Y145.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line

G1 X10.4 Y145.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little

G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line

G92 E0  ;Reset Extruder

G1 E-1.0000 F1800 ;Retract a bit

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

G1 E0.0000 F1800

—————————————

End G Code

————————

G91 ;Relative positionning

G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract a bit

G1 E-2 Z0.2 F2400 ;Retract and raise Z

G1 X5 Y5 F3000 ;Wipe out

G1 Z10 ;Raise Z more

G90 ;Absolute positionning

G1 X0 Y0 ;Present print

M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan

M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend

M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed

M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z

—————————————

Extruder Start G Code

—————————————

G92 E0 ;reset extruder distance

M104 S$

——————————————

Extruder End G Code

———————————————————

G1 F800 E-5 ;short retract

G90

• Like 1

Finally had some time to do this. Was a bit hesitant to do, but am glad I finally did. 

Nice 🤙

Hi! does anybody knows how to turn off the Extruder fan? Creality Sermoon v1

That is typically controlled by settings in the firmware.  In Marlin firmware there isn't any way to over-ride that.