UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

uma

Posted · UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

Folks,

I have an UM2 with which i am experimenting a lot. Lately i have noticed a trend which i would like to pose it to the community. My hypothesis is that: the same model sliced using identical settings the only difference being UltiGCode vs Marlin in Cura produces different results. I have noticed that UltiGCode prints do not have any under extrusion issues. Whereas the same model under same settings printed using marlin shows signs of under extrusion. Is there something behind this or its just a random observation.

I am planning to do some tests and i will upload photos shortly.

Sam

Posted · UltiGCode vs Marlin print quality

There should be no difference unless there is a bug in Cura. You have to make sure these settings are the same in both modes:

bed temp

nozzle temp

print speed

retraction speed

retraction distance

fan=100% in ultimode on UM (Marlin multiplies to the fan rates together - the rate in the gcode/cura against the fan rate for the selected filament which should probably always be 100% for PLA).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies