Cura support settings

xplazma

Posted · Cura support settings

So I been 3Dprinting for about a year now, and because I have a warped bed I have been using a raft to compensate for that issue which brings me to a problem in Cura, when I use supports they always fuse to the raft but because of the air gap I have set for the model it adhears to the raft good but can still remove the raft easily on it, so my question is their an air gap setting for supports like their is for the model that I seem to be over looking

I believe that the "Support Bottom Distance" only comes into play if the "bottom" rests on the model.  If the bottom is on a raft or on the build plate then there is no setting for an air gap.  Support Bottom Distance isn't available at all if you are printing the supports "Touching Buildplate".

Every once in a while I'll see a gap between my aluminum heated bed and the glass build surface.  The Ender has 4 adjustment screws and so they can have an effect on the flatness of the bed.

When I see the gap, I pull off the glass and get out my carpenters square and square up the back of the aluminum plate to the Z uprights, and then the front of the plate to the Z uprights.  The result is that the aluminum plate is flat again and it stays that way for a while until my manual leveling knocks it out of whack again.  Another thing you can do for a glass build surface is to add aluminum foil shims between the bed and the glass to compensate for the warpage.

I was more of referring to the supports fusing to the raft

as in is their an air gap setting for that so I can make it easyer to remove the raft first which will makes it much easyer for me to remove the tree supports