Ultimaker 2+ (not 2) print head assembly confusion

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker 2+ (not 2) print head assembly confusion

I recently received a defective Ultimaker 2+ from a friend.  I figured out the temperature sensor needed to be replaced and that fixed the main problem BUT I cannot figure out why I can't reassemble the nozzle part of the print head.  I'm not sure if I lost a piece or I just don't understand the design intent.  When I tighten the 4 long screws that hold the print head together, the nozzle assembly (nozzle, Olsson block, the multi-holed metal "isolator nut" (at least according to this page (https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004172206-Printhead-Diagram-Ultimaker-2-) , white plastic space, aluminum tube spacer the "TFM Coupler"?) is free to move vertically up and down.  I tightened the isolator nut but the nozzle assembly is not at all fixed.  See video below. The nozzle is removed but I don't think that is the problem.  I searched all over for other pictures of the 2+ print head assembly and even downloaded the 3d model from Ultimaker but just can't see how to fix this.  I see in other people's pics those 4 long screws extend more through the bottom plate but in mine two screws prevent that from happening.  I imagine the final solution should provide a path for the filament that doesn't have any chance for it to bulge or melt outward (like a gap between any cylindrical component in the nozzle-isolator-white plastic-TFM coupler stack) but I'm not sure if the design really did it that way or not.

IMG_5846.thumb.jpg.645e43f5fb488b7e4270089d476ee43c.jpg

Edited by splitsecond

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ (not 2) print head assembly confusion

OK ... so weirdly only now after spending a couple of hours working on this and looking online for help I found 

https://ultimakernasupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004793743-Printhead-Parts-Ultimaker-2-#PTFE Coupler

...and those instructions made me realize the two little screws on the fan heat sink were not to protect the plastic fan from being crushed (which from crushing the fan which I thought odd anyway).  I took them out and screwed them through the alu plate they were previously butting up against and I think the problem is solved.  Sorry for not seeing it sooner.

I haven't tested the printer yet but am just about to.  I just wanted to save anyone the trouble of explaining it to me.