spacing fill in second layer

Posted · spacing fill in second layer

That looks mechanical.  Loose belts, trolley wheels out of adjustment...that sort of thing.  What printer do you have? 

Is that a raft?  I think they print with gaps but I'm not sure as I never use them.  The gaps should all be the same though.

@GregValiant my 3D printer is ender 3 and slicer i use is cura. i check the belt is ok and i make sure to readjusment. but the problem not fixing. first layer every think is ok and very smoot, but the second and third layer have a gap. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted (edited) · spacing fill in second layer

Ah.  Better photos.  It's intermittent under-extrusion.

Do you have an aluminum extruder?  It's the thing that sits on top of the E-motor.  The stock Ender's have plastic extruders with plastic pressure arms.  The plastic ones ALL develop cracks at the pressure wheel and don't put enough pressure on the filament to push the filament into the bowden tube.  Ender's have been known to be delivered with broken extruder arms.  If it is plastic then take off the pressure arm and look at the underside.

r/FixMyPrint - Update on my ender 3 going to bad quality when it was printing good. Took the extruder tension arm off and found it cracked around the idle. Aluminum one is on order, thanks guys!

If you have a metal extruder then check the spring tension.

If the brass extruder gear is pressed onto the E-motor shaft they are usually OK but if the gear is held on to the shaft with set screws then make sure the screws are tight.

Edited by GregValiant

Ender 3, CR-10, Ender 5, all use the same one and they all break.  Around $10 US for an aluminum replacement.