Printed parts not to designed sizes.

jamesphendry

Posted · Printed parts not to designed sizes.

I have a Anet A8 printer and this has been working fine with some very good prints.  A few weeks ago the prints have been too wide and deep with the height being fine.  I printed a 20mm test cube which printed X axis 25mm Y axis 25mm and Z axis 20mm.  So I then printed a 10mm test cube this printed X axis 12.5mm Y axis 12.5mm and Z axis 10mm.  Any ideas and remedies please but in plain language.   

Those are very consistent 125% numbers.  There are some new settings in Cura 5.0 in the Material section.

Use the Setting Visibility tool and set visibility to "All" and then make sure your "Scaling Factor Shrinkage Compensation Factors" are all set to 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 6/19/2022 at 8:52 PM, GregValiant said:

Those are very consistent 125% numbers.  There are some new settings in Cura 5.0 in the Material section.

Use the Setting Visibility tool and set visibility to "All" and then make sure your "Scaling Factor Shrinkage Compensation Factors" are all set to 100%.

Hello Greg

Thankyou for your reply and the information.  I have tried to install Cura 5.0 but keep getting a error message saying my Video Card Drivers require updating to openGL 2.0 and above.  The desktop computer I use is old and probably does require a overall, this is in hand.

Again thank you and keep up the good work.  I will let you know how I go on.

Regards

Jim Hendry

That "...requires OpenGL 2.0 or above" warning has been reported a few times.   Here are the search results on the GitHub site.  Take a look and you may come across a fix for that.

This older Win10 laptop has to run in compatibility mode as the video system can only be upgraded to OpenGL 4.0 and I don't get the fancy 3d looking preview, but Cura itself runs fine.

Did you figure out the Scaling problem?