Nozzle offset probe failed.

MatKarol

Posted · Nozzle offset probe failed.

Hi all,

I have really annoying problem with my UM S3

almost every time i try to start print (45/50 times) during auto leveling procedure printer going out with:

"Nozzle offset probe failed. Please check the nozzles and bed and try again."

and cores most times even don't touch build plate, some times it gives also error:

"Difference between detected height of both PrintCores exceeds realistic values. "

I was looking on forum for some answers and tried a lot of proposed solutions:
1. cleaning nozzles and bed.

2. calibration of lift-switch

3. checked captive sensor wires (both ok and giving signals properly) sensor noise is 12.7 from printer test test
4. checked different print cores configuration (got 2x AA0.4 BB0.4, AA0.25) only difference i spotted it is it sometimes go ok with core 1 sometimes with core 2 or both cores failed to touch 
build-plate

5. printer firmware is up to date and maintenance is performed regular

6. was checking different power cables, powering from UPS, connecting to really good grounded power outlet, in location where is no electronic devices at all (at least 3m from closest)

is there anything i should check? or just replace sensor should help ?

I'd contact your reseller.  They can help you fix this.

Or you can go all "manual leveling" if you prefer that route.  I did manual only for a few months on my S5 but eventually went back to the active leveling.  To go manual use this tool:

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/39188-ultituner-a-tool-to-tweak-your-printer

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

We've been fighting this same issue. Our printer was great for ~9mos now it is nothing but problems. The entire hot end assembly was changed - both cores, hot end board, inductive sensor, fans, all new. Customer service blamed it on bent fan wires(???) and bad power - We have two printers 80 miles apart and both have the same issue. My solution is a custom profile and disable core 2. We're moving on to Bambu Labs. All the performance, 1/10 the cost. 

• Heart 1