Lead time and Paypal limit?

Posted · Lead time and Paypal limit?

Hi guys,

Well... after saving... and saving... and working my fingers raw making stuff for people to scrape together enough money, I'm getting close to placing an order for an UM2- most likely next week. HUZZAH!

Now, I know that UM seem to be a stable and fairly reputable bunch of folks but I'm a little concerned with the lead time vs Paypal's 45 day security limit for payments. Now, this is more a matter of principle than anything, but considering the cost of the UM2 is a months salary I need to be diligent. After 45 days, you can't file a complaint with PP and your money is gone in the event of something going awry. Again, I'm not mistrusting UM in particular... it's just that this is a LOT of money to go out on a limb with.

- Yes, I could transfer the funds to my regular bank account, pay with my VISA and be covered that waty but it would mean losing a LOT of money due to Paypals horribly bad exchange rate.

- I supposed I could also place the order and pay for it, then when it reaches 44 days, file a claim- I think that extends the deadline by another 30 days but might get UM into trouble, which isn't really my wish.

So, what I UM do to calm my nerves in this regard?

Thanks,

//Joe

I'm not exactly enthusiastic about PayPal, but:

Payments go global very quickly, why can not banks, this actually offer? Technically should be something already be possible and buyer protection could be offered optional.

Before the end of 45 days you can easily open a case with PayPal, then you will receive additional days buyer protection until the matter was closed.

The receiver retains the received money for the time being, and gets the opportunity to comment on the matter before the payment is actually frozen. As long as you so do not explicitly ask for the payment back, the dealer gets the opportunity to fulfill the contract. So I understood the whole thing anyway.

Markus

I can share what i learned about Ultimaker, i did not pay with paypal but with bank transfer since its cheaper (here banks have weird exchange rates for credit cards). If you eventually will have some problems with your Ultimaker, you will be taken care off without any need for paypal assistance. They are a great company and fair, no place for fear. Order quickly, lead time is long :-P