20% infil 

walls 1.2

ioroning highest layer

combing all

the model is printing exactly like this , with the lines 

thank you

Screenshot 2022-08-02 161010.png

Posted (edited) · print lines / scars

It isn't flat in those areas.  Each step is 1 layer height tall so it looks like the long surface on the left has about 6 steps in it.  That would be 9.00mm at your 1.50 layer height.  That's a lot.

Are you sure the model is flat on the build plate?  The brim looks odd and appears to be cutting across under the model.  That is usually a symptom that the model isn't setting flat.

Select the model and then click on the "Rotation" tool.  One of the options is to "Lay Flat".

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · print lines / scars

Cura slices precisely through the model.  Every section it makes is parallel to the build plate.  So if you are getting all those steps, and the bottom is flush on the build plate, then the top is at an angle.

Use the "File | Save Project" command and post the 3mf file here and I'll take a look.

I exported the model as an STL and converted it to a DXF file and opened it in AutoCad.  What you are getting in the Cura preview is a true and accurate representation of the model.

There are multiple compound angles and facets all over the place and that includes the primary top surfaces.  They aren't just flats that happen to be tipped about both the X and Y axes, the surface might have been designed with a radius but it was lost in the translation to STL.

Posted (edited) · print lines / scars

Another model for the bin .Thanks very much for your help Greg , 

im learning all the time , but slow and costly lol

Edited by jockcraw

Once you learn to tell the difference between a CAD error and a slicer error things will go better.  When you look at a model and say "What the heck is going on here!!!" it isn't good.

When the question becomes a comment like "Ah-Ha, I know what I did." then life is much better.  At least you don't have to wait for some ying-yang to come in from trimming his hedges in order to make his response.

Jeez , thats a long way off lol , Greg last question if you dont mind ,

are these models fixable at all , just found a guy on fivr who i can pay , but dont want to if they cant be sorted

Fixable can mean a couple of things here.

The model as-is can be printed after some minor repair from a program line MS 3D Builder or an on-line STL Repair service.  It will be printed as per the model's current design.

If the design of the model is wrong then "fixable" probably doesn't come into it.  The model can be adjusted, redesigned, reworked, or good ole' throw-it-out-and-start-over, but there is no "repair" in that case because there really wasn't anything wrong with it from a manufacturing view, it just didn't do the job.

The printers are good little robots.  They are accurate and will faithfully reproduce the print time after time.  But if the model is designed wrong then it's just a waste of some plastic.  It's why they call them prototypes.

I don't print "minis" or very much artsy-craftsy stuff.  I'm a mechanical guy and I print functional parts so for me it's always function over form.  There is a lot of freedom in designing for FDM though.  Rules that are necessary constraints when a part will be steel or aluminum get thrown out and you can make some remarkable looking parts that are fully functional.