Cura creating seams in infill under overhead structure

doxiserf

Posted · Cura creating seams in infill under overhead structure

I seem to be having a problem with Cura 5, where the solid layers have seams in the infill.

I'm using zigzag infill and can't seem to understand why the infill isn't continuous.

In the upper layers there is a 'U' shaped boss which ramps in height from left to right.

The problem is that the  infill seam is carried through all layers and makes the part weak under

the overhead structure.

If anyone can help... thank you in advance!

Infill seam.JPG

Overhead structure.JPG

Overhead structure isoview.JPG

Posted · Cura creating seams in infill under overhead structure

I'm guessing it's the way it was modeled.  What CAD software did you use?

The horseshoe shape appears to have been placed resting on the surface rather than being extruded from the surface.  There may be an infinitesimal gap between the base and the horseshoe.  There should be no skin between the horseshoe and the lower base.

That area where the infill is exposed doesn't look right either.  That infill area should not go to the slot.  On that layer the only place infill should be exposed is directly beneath the horseshoe.  I think you might have an inverted surface there.

Here is a similar model.

image.thumb.png.500ad747d2541a93753bd34b6f2e2558.png

The infill should be a continuation up from the base and into the interior of the horseshoe feature.

The top layer of the base should look something like this...

image.thumb.png.9bcee9ba787e3dc8f3121353231f018e.png