Can't start Cara

Doug_F

Posted · Can't start Cara

My 3D printer won't arrive until next week so I'd like to spend this time learning how to use Cara, but Cara won't start until it's connected to a printer.  Can I use it without a printer?  Or do I have to spend time learning Cara after my printer arrives and before I can do anything useful with it?  Maybe I should not have given it all those permissions, but I can't undo them now.  I'm using the latest version of Cara for MacOS.

Can you give us some more information about what you mean when it wont start without connecting a printer? Do you get some sort of error message?

You should be able to use Cura without having a connected printer without any problem.

When I started Cura I got two consent forms then Add a Printer.  I couldn't see any way to proceed without a printer to connect to.  Now I've been more persistent. By going the Non-Network route I've discovered that it only needs to know what kind of printer to work with, it doesn't actually need a printer to connect to. I can get going now. Thank you.

• Like 2