Glow in the dark settings??

gisireji

Posted · Glow in the dark settings??

I got 3 different GITD filaments and haven't gotten a successful print out of any of them. I figured it might be the settings, but don't know what to do. I use an Ender 3, glass bed & hardened nozzle printer. Been using Cura 5.1.0 standard settings. Pls help

6 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

What problems are you having?  I don't print a lot with it but my regular PLA settings seem to work fine.  (I use a 0.4 nozzle.)

Under extruding, and the print not sticking to the bed. I use a .4 too. Increased tempt to 220, and I've reduced speed and still no good. 

I print on the Creality glass surface and use the textured side.  I clean it often with soapy water and then IPA.  For PETG I always use hair spray (Aquanet Super Hold) but I don't recall having an issue with the initial layer adhesion using the GITD filament.

I always run my first layer at 105% flow but that isn't much over normal.  Maybe you need to revisit your E-step calibration for the GITD filaments?

Going to 220° is kind of extreme for PLA.  Drop that back down to your normal print temperature.  Making a lot of changes at once isn't good.  If you have problems with layer adhesion on the upper layers then you might consider raising the printing temperature but for the initial layer - 50 to 60 on the bed and your normal print temp for the hot end should be fine.  I think it's going to be either a "just don't want to stick" thing that will require some adhesion promoter, or the under-extrusion you mentioned is coming into play.  In that case and kicking up the flow by tuning it during a print may give you a better handle on what's going on.

Skins are good flow indicators.  If you bring in a calibration cube and scale it to near MaxX and MaxY and 1mm thick and then tune the flow every 12mm or so of skin you may find a sweet spot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Verify your filament is kept dry, you can weigh the material after opening the material for the first time. Also when not in use I store 4 rolls of TPU material in 2 lbs. silica gel beads.