Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
aviphysics

Cura g-code specifies print height taller than model height

I have noticed on a cylinder that I was printing that Cura seems to have generated a layer above the print height of the object.

In this case, a 6 mm tall cylinder was generated with OpenScad

difference()
{
cylinder(h=6, r=4.2/2, $fs=0.1,$fa=0.1);
cylinder(h=6, r=3/2, $fs=0.1,$fa=0.1);
}

Cura agrees that the model is 6mm tall in the re-sizing dialog.

However, the G-code specifies printing layers at z=6.06 and z=6.12. It seems to me like it should have stopped at z=6. (note: the layer height was specified as 0.06 mm )

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 24 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 23 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!