Ultimaker Original Firmware

3dprntz

Posted · Ultimaker Original Firmware

Hello,

I have an Ultimaker Original. I've usually have used the bUltimaker builder for the firmware, but the site is having problems and since it's an older version of Marlin, I thought I would try compiling the firmware myself. I really appreciated the z-offset that was included in the bUltimaker firmware, so I tried finding something like it with the new one. Mesh Bed leveling was the best I could find, and I enabled it. However, I am having difficulty getting the nozzle to offset from the top limit switch like in the old firmware and the Z doesn't seem to be moving when I'm printing now through octoprint. The gcode on the sd card still has it squished, but it moves the z-height every layer like it should. I've looked around and I can't find too much on the subject or understand what I did wrong.

I have it homing at the bottom and all endstops are always enabled. Bed size is 210 x 210 x 205 (z is probably more like 202.5), custom made HB, and Reprap Full display.

Here is my starting g-code:

G21 ;metric values

G90 ;absolute positioning

M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode

M107 ;start with the fan off

G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops

G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops

G1 Z2.5 F9000 ;move the platform down 2.5mm

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating bed to temp

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Start extruder heating and wait to reach material temp before proceeding

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Ensures bed heats to temp before proceeding if it hasn't already

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E15 ;extrude 15 mm of feed stock

G1 Z5 F9000 ;move the platform down 5mm

G92 E0 ;zero the extruded length

G1 F200 E10 ;extrude 10 mm of feed stock

G1 Y50 F9000

;Put printing message on LCD screen

M117 Printing...

Here is the configuration file for the firmware. Had to put it as a zip.

Ultimaker Configuration files.zip