Bug in Cura 5 with print/preview

flimmament

Posted · Bug in Cura 5 with print/preview

Hi

I have a file to print that shows strange behaviour when previewing the layers in Cura 5.1.0, it does not do it in Cura 4.13.1.

Part way through (e.g. layer 5) the layer preview it suddenly shows the whole finished print rather than the next layer. It shows for a couple of layers then goes back to show the layer that it should do (and does in 4).

I have tried a few different file formats, some do it and some don't - exporting from OpenSCAD. I believe it is a Cura 5 bug as 4 does not show the issue.

Regards

Ben

antattack.3mf

That bug appears every once in a while and has been documented on GitHub.  It's the cockroach bug.  You can see it but you can't get rid of it. 

This is layer 11.  You can see all the lines going back to the origin.  They don't actually exist.  The upper part of the model appears to have finished and it hasn't started yet.  In the Line Type settings - if you toggle "Only Show Top Layers" you can get it to look like it's supposed to.

image.thumb.png.b849144640c3c352c791d954faf87450.png

This is Layer 11 in the gcode file that I opened in Cura.  No weird lines and the slider works as it should.

image.thumb.png.e0265c49ff464fc204ea8c067e46f3fd.png

After you create the gcode file you can open it in Cura.  The gcode reader is a separate program and doesn't have anything to do with the slicer part of Cura.  You'll get an accurate representation of how it will print.

It looked fine to me and all that extra stuff was missing from the gcode.  Somehow it seems like it's a visualization problem but like I said, chasing it down seems like it's been difficult.

• Like 1