Sputtering and half prints?

cato825

Posted · Sputtering and half prints?

Hello!

I have been having some issues with my prints lately. They are pretty choppy and nothing prints on the side furthest from me. The last time I printed something it got about 4 layers in and it said it was finished. I have attached the settings I currently have. I wasn't completely sure if someone had changed the nozzle size so I tried a .4 and a .6 and got the same thing every time. I was also thinking the filament was stuck and getting chewed up at either end but I checked it and it was fine. The build plate has also had some issues of not being completely level but its never been this bad, I also hanged the initial height up to 1mm to see if it would print a little more at the ack but it was the same. I am kind of new to this but I asked the other engineers and they are stumped as well. Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Thanks!

Picture 1.PNG

Picture 2.PNG

20220916_105344.jpg

20220916_105355.jpg

20220916_105418.jpg

Hey @cato825,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Any idea if you have a lot of printing hours on your printer? 
    If you are showing signs of underextrusion it might be time to replace your TFM coupler. Instructions on how to do that can be found here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020687040-How-to-check-and-replace-the-TFM-coupler-on-the-Ultimaker-2-Connect

We also have this generic support page that helps to improve printed party quality. 
    You can find it here.

Do you know if it's just this printjob that is failing? Do you have a project file for us?
    To save a project file go to File -> Save project.
    Than we can troubleshoot together. 💪

4 hours ago, MariMakes said:

Hey @cato825,

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community 🎉

Any idea if you have a lot of printing hours on your printer? 
    If you are showing signs of underextrusion it might be time to replace your TFM coupler. Instructions on how to do that can be found here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020687040-How-to-check-and-replace-the-TFM-coupler-on-the-Ultimaker-2-Connect

We also have this generic support page that helps to improve printed party quality. 
    You can find it here.

Do you know if it's just this printjob that is failing? Do you have a project file for us?
    To save a project file go to File -> Save project.
    Than we can troubleshoot together. 💪

I don't know how many hours but I use it for production so I imagine it has quite a few. I will try that. Thanks!