Selecting the Material

flyntm

Posted · Selecting the Material

I feel like I'm being an idiot by asking this but...

I'm trying to use a non- Ultimaker material. I found a profile for it in Cura and thought I sent it to the printer.  When I go to Select the Material in the load process it's not there. Only the Generics are there.  What am I missing?

Thanks

I usualy select a material with the same printing temperature, I don't think the printer uses the material selection on the printer for anything else as loading and unloading the material (all other settings are in your sliced file)

Thanks for your response dsp.

That's what I've been doing too, but I have to do an "Override" every time I start a print.  And in the documentation I've reviewed, it indicates that I ought to be able to sync the materials in Cura with the UM3. Thus, I was trying to figure out why I can't get that to work.

perhaps its the printer because with the S5 we have the option to synch to the printer

image.png.01dd3c1d5040ea8549017f1869fb5705.png

this is also in 5.1.0

Ultimaker wouldn't make it so my "old UM3" won't support materials syncing... would they?????😝

I have this exact same problem on my Ultimaker 3. There is no "Sync" option on my Cura version 5.3.1. I am running Ultimaker PLA filament but have to over-ride the Generic PLA that never seems to leave.