Stop printing via USB on UM2+

ZStef

Posted · Stop printing via USB on UM2+

Hey,

I woyld like to know if it's possible to stop or pause a printing job by sending a request on USB with following conditions :

- the job is starting with embedded control panel

- the gcode file is on usb card and obtain classicaly by using Cura or other slicer 

- the usb request is sending by custom board (esp32......) and not by software like cura or octoprint running on pc or other raspberry 

Rgds

Posted · Stop printing via USB on UM2+

I start my prints from a console on my PC by sending M23 and M24.  That allows me to use M25 to pause a print.

Doing that leaves the nozzle in contact with the print and will always leave a scar.  So I necessarily send a script to Pause the current print, move the Z up, and park the print head.  The previous XYZE locations must be figured out so they can be passed along when the print is resumed so they are correct when the gcode starts flowing again.  

You might be able to send "M0" or "M1" (they are both Emergency Stop) to force a pause.  Depending on your firmware there may be other commands that can be used. Most pauses will result in the nozzle simply stopping right where it happens to be.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies